Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Public Speaking and Agendas

Dear Parents,

What a morning! Thank you very much for coming to watch the children's speeches today. I am so proud of each and every one of the boys and girls--they were fantastic! As I mentioned this morning, they have all made so much progress over the course of preparing and presenting their speeches. Today was their best performance yet! The judged round for our class is on Monday 22nd March. The judges will pick three children to go through to the semi-finals. We will have one more practice in class tomorrow so I have asked the children to remember to bring their cue cards

On an separate note, it has come to my attention that some of the children are not being as diligent with writing in their agendas as they should be. Each day, they are expected to copy the homework and reminders off the board in their agendas and I set aside time to do so. I spoke to the children today and told them I will be re-instating agenda checks until we get back on track with everyone writing in their agenda every afternoon. I hope that this helps :) Please do let me know if you notice any further "agenda issues".

Many thanks again for today. It was lovely to have you all in the classroom.

Kind regards,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment